I am a multi-disciplinary image-maker, the main focus of my activities has always centered on the creative investigation of ‘process’, with an emphasis, not to mention passion for discovery, within a direct hands-on approach to the interaction and manipulation of media and materials. My visual practice explores the relationship between text and image and narrative; integrating digital applications within a traditional craft based approach, incorporating printmaking, drawing and bookbinding.
Within my freelance practice, I have worked on a wide range of commissions from book cover designs for a variety of UK based publishing companies including, Random House (Vintage) and Absolute Press, as well as editorial work and design briefs. Whilst I continue to actively participate in exhibiting my personal work in various solo and collective exhibitions and small press events, since my graduation from Bath with First Class Honours in 1997.
• Hi 5 Art Collective, St. Austell, July ‘10
• Hi 5 Art Collective, Truro, Aug. ‘09
• Ripe Gallery, Bristol '04/'05/'06
• New Blood - D&AD, New Designer Awards, London. July '05
• About 10 - Group show, Bristol. December '05
• Bread & Butter - Group show as part of Bath Fringe Festival '99/'00/'01/'02.
• Don't Give Up the Day Job - Group show, Bath. Feb - March'98
• Graduates'97 - Group show, Stroud. July '97
• Hot Bath Gallery - Group show, Bath. November '97
• Mercury Awards. The Gallery, Cork Street, London. August '96
2005: Illustrated sections for The Fifth Quarter: An Offal Cookbook
"Most Innovative UK Food Book", 2005 World Gourmand Awards
1997 First Prize Overall
Proctor and Stevenson National Design Awards.
1997 Highly Commended
Mercury Music Awards
Agfa/Texaco One Day international Series England vs Pakistan